Thursday, June 24, 2010

Natural? Me?

Last summer I got my styled in straw curls for the first time. I fell in love with the style! It was cute, enhanced my facial structure, was easy to maintain, and lasted for up to 2 weeks. Later in the school year, I decided to attempt doing my own straw curls. I knew a girl who had the rollers and a blow dryer. She did my hair for me once and did an awesome  job. I figured I could as well. My curls didn't come out as tightly coiled as the first two times, but it still looked awesome.

I thought to myself, "Girl, if you could get this all the time, how cool would that be?" And by all the time, I meant permanently. So this week, I finally started going some research on how to go about doing just that. Now, like most African-American women, I chemically straighten my hair and have since way back when :) From all the blogs, reviews, and forums I read, and will my kind of hair, I would only be able to continue to use the rollers and dryer to obtain my dream style.

OR

I could go natural and allow my natural curls to take control.There are products that will help keep the moisturized and manageable. My worry is:

1.) That I'd have to cut all my hair off. Maybe not immediately. I could wait until an inch or two or three of natural hair grew out by keeping braids in my head.

2.) Will my natural hair curl the way I want it to? There all about 4 main different kinds of natural hair types and I'm not quite sure which on I am yet and am worried that when it comes down to it, my hair won't curl like I wish.
Here is a picture of a lady who has embraced her natural curls. These are the type of natural curls I want. View her story HERE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment