Thursday, July 29, 2010

Change and Choice...


I’m one of those people who puts their all into what they do. My main problem? Trying to figure out that that ‘thing’ is. In an era where I’m not limited on the possibilities available, I find it hard to pick just one or two things to be faithful to. I know they say that it’s normal for people to change their minds, especially in college where people changed majors like they change clothes for a party. When I started college, I went in as a Spanish major. By the end of my first semester, I was a Speech/Language Pathology major. Before spring break, I was a Linguistics major. Now, I’m considering throwing photojournalism or documentary photography in the mix.
I love languages, how they are related to each other and how some are endangered. The cultural aspects of languages and the fact that people live and view life in many different ways is fascinating to me. I also love my camera and being able to capture the moment, create art, being challenged to learn this craft better, to share someone’s story through photography.
I always tell people that change is good. It keeps you on your toes. It makes to learn and deal with life. However, I think I’ve learn to adapt and change so much that I don’t know what’s important anymore. I don’t know what’s right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment