Monday, May 17, 2010

Finding My Niche

I have a Facebook, like most people do, and as I was browsing my News Feed. I happened upon and interesting picture. I love looking at other photographer's work because it inspires me. So as I'm creeping on this person album, I happen to notice other really good pictures. I noticed that this person wasn't my friend, so I added them. After he accepted I started a chat convo with him. My new friend and I talked for probably 5 hours. He's decided to start a blog as well and as the conversation went on, he helped me to find a focus for my blog. I've decided to changed the name from Exploration to Finding My Niche.

I have all these different passions all dealing with the arts in some sort of way. I love theater, drawing, and music. However, during high school playing music in the band just...well, I fell out of love with it. I actually want to sell my clarinet, but I haven't convinced my parents of it yet. Because of all the extra activities I did in high school, I didn't have time to just sit down and draw like I used to. The only drawing I did was through the Art Club-making banners, posters, entering contests, etc. Senior year I didn't do much acting because I was trying to make sure events went smoothly, grades stayed up, and getting into college. The only thing I did was help direct my friend's black history program at his church.

In college, I saw all kinds of posters up for students who needed people to perform in their plays for the theater department. Every time I saw one, I wished I could audition, but I couldn't. I was afraid that I wouldn't study like I needed. Also I was spending a lot of time with a new found passion: dance. I am part of dance organization on campus and we perform at many programs. I really want to learn dance though, such as, ballet (I know it's hard work), jazz, tap, contemporary, all of it. I just want to learn. Unfortunately, no one in Pine Bluff will give instruction for 18 year olds. ~Sigh~ Sometimes it's hard being legal.

For now, I'll just have to stick with the passion I've had since I was like 7: photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment