Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hectic Fun


Today started off similar to any other day this summer thus far. I woke up early to take my sister and nephew to work and school respectively and went back home to hop under my still warm covers. Normally, I try to wake up around 10am, but today I didn't crawl out of bed until 12:30pm. Normally, I take a shower at night because I dislike the idea of getting in bed dirty, but today I took a shower when I woke up because that action was nonexistent last night. Normally, I pick my sister up from work around 2 pm, and today...well, I did the normal and arrived at Sears at 2pm where she was waiting for me.

This is where my day started to get kind of hectic. Now, I already knew I wanted to go to a Poetry Slam in Little Rock with my bestie Christine. However, as the day went along this is what happened. Pete asked me if I wanted to go to Chili's with his girlfriend, Michelle, so I could meet her and then we'd all go to the Poetry Slam. Ok, cool. Now to ask the parents if all of this is ok. Damn...I forgot to wash the dishes, but mama still let me go (really though, I cleaned the kitchen last yesterday, so there couldn't have been to many dishes in the sink because no one was home yet).

When it came down to it, Christine couldn't bring us back to Pine Bluff, therefore she couldn't come get us. So Pete let me drive his car and Christine paid for gas. Ok, cool, no problem. We meet Christine at her apartment and headed for Big Whiskey's where the Slam is being held.

                    MC: Osiris 
 
                      MoeMan                                 Crisis
 
                       Apollo
 
TJ and Christine                           Pete and Michelle

The Slam was awesome. Turned out it was a two night event and this was night number two. I already knew a couple of the poets: MoeMan, Crisis, TJ, and Apollo. I was sad that I missed TJ performing his poem "Dipping in the Chocolate" it's one of my faves. Congrats to Apollo who was one of the top three winners! The night was super fun and I was tired but I still had to drive back home. Not Cool! Surprisingly and thankfully, when I actually got on the road, I wasn't the bit least tired and safely carried everyone home.

No comments:

Post a Comment